This position is available immediately for a computational chemist/molecular modeller at the Medicinal Chemistry Research Lab. This lab research focuses on the discovery of novel biological targets and therapeutic agents for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases.
- Modelling support of drug discovery campaigns using quantitative structure activity relationship (QSAR), molecular mechanics/dynamics and other techniques
- Homology modelling of new targets with biology
- PhD obtained within the past 5 years in Chemistry
- Extensive knowledge at the PhD level within the field of computational chemistry
- Experience in performing molecular mechanics, molecular dynamics, virtual screening/docking, homology modelling, QSAR and quantum chemical calculations
- Knowledge in operating computational chemistry software, submitting of jobs to high performance computing systems, etc.
- Some knowledge of scripting and programming will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Length of Position: Temporary Full-time (1 year)
Closing Date: Until Filled
For further details regarding this position, please click here.