A Hepatologist and Clinician-Scientist at UHN’s Multi Organ Transplant Program at the Toronto General Research Institute is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow. The research program employs a bench-to-bedside paradigm that connects clinical outcomes with basic research using tools from systems biology, including bioinformatic analysis of ‘omic datasets (e.g., transcriptomic, miRNA, methylation, intestinal microbiome) from patient samples, followed by in vitro and in vivo validation. Specific topics of interest are Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC), Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) and liver regeneration in the setting of liver transplantation. This is a unique opportunity to perform independent projects within a translational program, and significant potential for research productivity.
- Guide and perform wet lab experiments and data analysis
- Design and guide animal studies for validation purposes
- Writing grant proposals and peer reviewed papers
- Analysis and review of previous data obtained in the lab pertinent to the projects
- PhD degree with extensive wet lab experience
- Excellent knowledge and experience in molecular biology and basic science techniques
- Previous experience in animal studies is not mandatory but is preferable
- Basic knowledge in bioinformatics tools and analysis
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to work effectively independently and as a team member
- Must be motivated and creative
Length of Position: Temporary Full-time (1 year)
Closing Date: Until filled.
For further details regarding this position, please click here.