We are looking for Postdoctoral Fellow interested in immunopathogenesis in chronic viral diseases. My lab is part of the Toronto Centre for Liver Disease, one of the largest liver clinics in North America, seeing over 26,000 patient visits/year. Our research spans fundamental immunology underlying the immune response to HBV to translational immunology, with integration into clinical studies.
The primary project will investigate immune responses in the liver of HBV infected patients to elucidate the mechanisms of liver damage and determine how antiviral therapy improves liver disease.
The successful applicant will be expected to bring novel ideas and approaches to the research program and contribute to the scientific development of the project, perform data analysis and manuscript preparation. We operate in a cross-disciplinary liver research program and the applicant will be expected to establish and maintain collaborations.
- Ph.D. within the last 5 years (or M.D. degree within the last 10 years) in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology etc.
- Experience with handling human samples and flow cytometry analysis is beneficial
- Experience analyzing RNA-sequencing and gene expression data is beneficial or an interest in computers and coding to learn data analysis
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving initiative
- Ability to advise/mentor students
Length of Position: Temporary Full-time (approx. 3 years)
Closing Date: Until filled.
For further details regarding this position, please click here.