We are looking for a Postdoctoral Fellow who is interested in host-viral interactions during chronic viral infections in humans. The successful applicant will be expected to bring novel ideas and approaches to the research program and contribute to the scientific development of new and existing projects, experimental design, data analysis and manuscript/grant preparation. The Postdoctoral Fellow will have at least 3 years of postdoctoral experience, is interested in helping manage the research projects and will be expected to collaborate within the viral hepatitis research group.
- Ph.D./ M.D. degree in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology etc.
- Extensive experience with standard molecular biological techniques (Western blot, PCR, cloning etc.) is required
- Experience with deep and single genome viral sequencing a major asset
- Experience with handling human blood and flow cytometry analysis is beneficial
- Experience with confocal microscopy is beneficial
- Experience analyzing RNA-sequencing and gene expression data is beneficial
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Length of Position: Temporary Full-time (1 year with possibility of extension)
Closing Date: Until filled.
For further details regarding this position, please click here.