A new post-doctoral fellowship opportunity in Thoracic Surgery Research has opened at the Toronto General Hospital Research Institute | University Health Network.
A Postdoctoral Fellow position in cellular immunotherapy is available at the University Health Network Transplant Program. We study cellular immunity and immune tolerance mechanisms in transplant patients and animal models. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop and test novel immune regulatory cellular therapeutic strategies in human solid organ transplantation.
• Developing hypotheses and experimental plans
• Performing experiments
• Analyzing and presenting data locally, nationally and/or internationally
• Preparing manuscripts for publication
• Instruction and supervision of junior trainees as appropriate
• PhD in immunology or a related field received within the past 5 years with peer-reviewed publications
• Proficiency with multiparameter flow cytometry and primary T cell culture
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Collaborative by nature with a willingness to share knowledge and help others
• High degree of motivation to advance research
• Experience with CRISPR-based gene editing and handling human specimens are assets
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Open until filled
For further details regarding this position, please click here.