A new post-doctoral fellowship opportunity in infection and immunity research has opened at the Toronto General Hospital Research Institute | University Health Network.
We are seeking a smart and hardworking Postdoctoral Fellow who gets things done to join our lab. The focus of our lab is on maternal and infant health in the context of HIV infection and HIV antiretroviral therapy. We utilize in vitro models, rodent models, and patient cohorts for our investigations.
We are looking for a hard working and self-motivated PhD graduate to join our team as a Postdoctoral Fellow to investigate the impact of HIV antiretroviral exposure on the placenta.
Essential characteristics include enthusiasm, curiosity, perseverance, attention to detail, a joy for research and ability to work well with others.
• PhD received within the past 5 years in physiology or related discipline
• Experience in histology (including tissue processing), stereology, immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization, microscopy, and molecular and cellular techniques desirable
• Prior experience with mouse models; mouse behavioural testing and mouse neuroanatomical investigations considered an asset
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Open until filled
For further details regarding this position, please click here.