Two (2) Postdoctoral positions are available immediately for a synthetic organic or medicinal chemist with the Weaver Medicinal Chemistry Research Lab at the Krembil Research Institute. The group is focused on the discovery of novel biological targets and therapeutic agents for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. The successful candidate will join a vibrant multi-disciplinary academic research group consisting of biochemists, molecular biologists, behavioural neuroscientists, and computational and medicinal chemists.
- Design and synthesis of new chemical entity small molecules as putative drug platforms.
- Conduct multi-step synthesis of small molecules using state of the art synthetic organic chemistry methods
- A recently obtained (within 5 years) PhD in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry
- Expertise and experience in standard techniques of synthetic organic chemistry
- Effective team player with strong, collaborative trouble-shooting skills
- Solid documentation skills and organizational ability
Length of Position: Temporary Full-time (1 year)
Closing Date: Until filled
For further details regarding this position, please click here.