A Postdoctoral Fellowship position is available for 1 to 2 years in the Neural Engineering and Therapeutics Team at KITE-Toronto Rehab Research Institute. The position will involve research related to health complications and health services for patients with spinal cord impairment. Prior expertise in osteoporosis, diabetes or heart disease would be an asset, but is not a mandatory requirement. Working in an Environment in which important clinical resources include: A high volume of inpatients and outpatients with SCI, a specialized SCI neurorehabilitation program, a longitudinal follow-up database, onsite body composition, neurophysiology, electrophysiology, kinematic, cardiovascular, autonomic, postural and locomotion assessment areas. In addition, physiatry, rehabilitation engineering, physical and occupational therapy; each linked to the University of Toronto.
- Ph.D. awarded within the past 5 years
- Has published peer reviewed articles in field of study
- Excellent understanding of the rehabilitation process or prior study of the SCI population will be considered a distinct advantage
- Ability to commit to developing funded research projects that involve graduate students and applying for further postdoctoral funding
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Expertise in osteoporosis, diabetes or heart disease would be an asset, but is not a mandatory requirement
Length of Position: Temporary Full-time (1 year with possibility of extension)
Closing Date: March 14, 2019
For further details regarding this position, please click here.