A new Postdoctoral Fellowship opportunity has opened at Krembil Discovery Tower | University Health Network.
The laboratories of Dr. Taufik Valiante (University Health Network – www.neurontobrainlaboratory.ca) and Prof. Joyce Poon (Department of Nanophotonics, Integration, and Neural Technology at the Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics – www.mpi-halle.mpg.de/NINT) are recruiting a jointly co-supervised Postdoctoral Fellow for projects on nano-neurotechnology. The postdoctoral fellow will be awarded a fellowship from the Max Planck Institute and undertake research at the Krembil Research Institute at the University Health Network in Toronto, Canada.
- Integrate implantable microchip neuroprobes into electronic and imaging systems and deploy the devices in in vivo and in vitro experiments
- Design, develop and test hardware and device platforms for multi-modal recording and stimulation of human slice cultures and other tissue cultures
- Conduct experiments in collaboration with neuroscience researchers to validate the operation of the neurotechnologies
- Collaborate with engineering and neuroscience colleagues to implement real-time feedback on multi-modal recording and stimulation experiments
- Train and work closely with other postdoctoral fellows and students
- Present research results in international scientific journals and conferences
Open until filled
For further details regarding this position, please click here.