A new Postdoctoral Fellowship opportunity has opened at Krembil Discovery Tower | University Health Network.
The laboratories of Dr. Taufik Valiante (University Health Network – www.neurontobrainlaboratory.ca) and Prof. Joyce Poon (Department of Nanophotonics, Integration, and Neural Technology at the Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics – www.mpi-halle.mpg.de/NINT) are recruiting a jointly co-supervised Postdoctoral Fellow for projects on optogenetics, fluorescence imaging, and neurophotonic technology. The postdoctoral fellow will be awarded a fellowship from the Max Planck Institute and undertake research at the Krembil Research Institute at the University Health Network in Toronto, Canada.
- Deepen the understanding of human neural circuits and influence of cell types by designing and conducting optogenetics and fluorescence imaging experiments in human slice cultures and neural tissue cultures
- Expand the repository of human neuron phenotypes maintained by the Allen Institute by conducting electrophysiology measurements of human neural tissues followed by single-cell RNA sequencing
- Demonstrate how new technology can transform neuroscience by proposing and carrying out, in collaboration with engineering researchers, in vitro and in vivo neuroscience experiments using state-of-the-art nanotechnology-enabled neural implants
- Train and work closely with other postdoctoral fellows and students
- Present research results in international scientific journals and conferences
Open until filled
For further details regarding this position, please click here.