A new Postdoctoral Fellowship opportunity has opened at McEwen Stem Cell Institute | University Health Network.
A Postdoctoral Fellowship position is available immediately at the McEwen Stem Cell Institute of the University Health Network, Toronto, Canada. We are seeking an energetic, highly motivated fellow for a project investigating the transplantation of human pluripotent stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes as a novel therapy for ischemic heart disease. The involved fellow would interact with a cross-disciplinary, multiple-lab team that includes experts in pluripotent stem cell biology, large-scale cell manufacturing, porcine models of myocardial infarction, cardiac imaging and electrophysiology.
• PhD received within 5 years or MD within 10 years
• Strong background in animal models of cardiac physiology or disease required
• Advanced training in molecular biology (including CRISPR) and/or electrophysiological techniques strongly preferred
• Prior experience in pluripotent stem cell biology and/or cardiovascular surgical techniques is preferred but not required
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Problem-solving initiative
Open until filled
For further details regarding this position, please click here.