University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Postdoctoral Fellow in our Schroeder Arthritis Institute.
A Postdoctoral Fellow position is available in UHN’s Arthritis program and Schroeder Arthritis Institute that is part of the Krembil Research Institute. The Schroder Arthritis Institute has breadth and depth in it research program with clinical, basic and translational components. Improving patient care lies at the centre of our research initiatives. The position involves working in the field of spinal arthritis and entails analyzing and interpreting the immunology, biochemistry, molecular and cell biology information generated in context of the presentation and outcomes obtained from our large clinical database.
The successful applicant must hold a PhD, obtained within the past 5 years, in immunology, genetics or molecular biology with research experience that includes cell culture work, western blotting, peptidomics, single cell RNA sequencing, advanced genomic techniques, use of confocal microscopy and immunohistochemistry. Must have experience working with human and mouse samples and managing mouse colonies. Must have demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team; be detailed oriented; have strong organizational skills; and good verbal and written communication skills. The PDF is expected to liaise with experts and other centers with expertise in systems biology. There will be ample opportunities for advanced training, attending national and international meetings as well as HQP career advancement.
• Guide and perform wet lab experiments and data analysis
• Design and guide animal studies
• Writing grant proposals and peer reviewed papers
• PhD degree received within 5 years with extensive wet lab experience
• Excellent knowledge and experience in molecular biology, immunology and basic science techniques
• Expertise in animal studies
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to work effectively independently and as a team member
More info here.