This position is available in the Experimental Therapeutics- Infection and Immunity Department located at Toronto General Hospital Research Institute, part of University Health Network. The lab focuses on chronic infection with hepatitis B and hepatitis C. Specifically, the lab focuses on better understanding how viral pathogens interact with and evade the innate antiviral immune response leading to disease. In addition, they are able to in-depth translational studies using human samples from their large clinical research group.
- MD or PhD in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology or a related field
- Extensive experience with standard molecular biological techniques (i.e Western blot, PCR, cloning) is required
- Experience handling human blood and flow cytometry analysis will be considered an asset
- Experience with confocal microscopy is preferred
- Experience analyzing RNA-sequencing and gene expression data
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving initiative
- Ability to advise and mentor students
Please submit the following:
- Cover letter
Length of Position: Temporary Full-time
Closing Date: Until Filled
For further details regarding this position, please click here.