A new post-doctoral fellowship opportunity in computational cancer biology has opened at the Toronto General Hospital Research Institute | University Health Network.
A Postdoctoral Fellowship is being offered jointly between the University Health Network and Ontario Institute for Cancer Research. The successful candidate will be responsible for the integrative analysis of multi-dimensional cancer genomics datasets using statistical and machine learning approaches; preprocessing and quality assessment of raw –omics data; development of innovative computational methods and open-source bioinformatics software; visualization and interpretation of –omics data with pathway and network information; writing peer reviewed papers and grant proposals. This is a unique opportunity to perform independent projects within a translational program, and significant potential for research productivity. Position is available immediately.
• A recently obtained PhD (within 5 years) or equivalent degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, statistics, computer science or related fields are strongly preferred
• Minimum 3 years of experience with bioinformatics resources, databases, tools and common standard formats
• Minimum 3 years of experience with programming and data analysis in R, Python, Perl, Matlab or similar
• Minimum 3 years of experience in analysing next-generation sequencing and/or microarray data
• Strong scientific publication record in peer-reviewed journals on bioinformatics and/or cancer research
• Strong understanding and interest in molecular biology, genomics, and cancer
• Practical knowledge of basic statistics; machine learning skills are a definite plus
• Familiarity with the Linux or MacOSX environment, shell scripting and system tools; experience with high performance computing is an asset
• Minimum 3 years of experience with programming and data analysis in R, Python, Perl, Matlab or similar;
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a fast-paced and collaborative team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
More information can be found at: https://www.uhn.ca/Transplant and https://oicr.on.ca/research-portfolio/computational-biology/
Open until filled
For further details regarding this position, please click here.