A new Postdoctoral Fellowship opportunity in Experimental Therapeutics – Infection and Immunity Research has opened at the Toronto General Hospital Research Institute | University Health Network.
We are looking for a Postdoctoral Fellow interested in immunopathogenesis in chronic viral diseases. Our lab is part of the Toronto Centre for Liver Disease, one of the largest liver clinics in North America, seeing over 26,000 patient visits per year. Our research spans fundamental immunology underlying the immune response to HBV to translational immunology, with integration into clinical studies. The primary project will investigate immune responses in the liver of HBV infected patients using biopsy samples to elucidate mechanisms of liver damage and viral control. The successful applicant will be expected to bring novel ideas and approaches to the research program and contribute to the scientific development of the project, perform data analysis and manuscript preparation. We operate in a cross-disciplinary liver research program and the applicant will be expected to establish and maintain collaborations.
• PhD received within 5 years (or MD received within 10 years) in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology
• Experience with handling human samples, high order flow cytometry or cytof is beneficial
• The applicant should have an interest in learning to analyze single-cell RNA-sequencing and gene expression data
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Problem-solving initiative
• Ability to advise and/or mentor students
Open until filled
For further details regarding this position, please click here.