A Science Writer position has opened at the Office of Research Trainees | University Health Network.
The Office of Research Trainees (ORT) at University Health Network (UHN) is recruiting a highly motivated part-time Science Writer for our monthly newsletter – The ORT Times. Science Writers are expected to generate ideas for content and write one editorial, tutorial or summary per month. For samples of this feature, see recent issues of The ORT Times. Science Writers are expected to commit 10-15hrs of work per month to accomplish these duties. The successful candidate(s) will be offered a one-year contract and financial compensation with the possibility of renewal.
- Generate ideas for, write, and edit original content
- Find images to accompany articles
- Create social media posts for the articles and suggest hashtags to be shared on ORT social media
- Work remotely and efficiently with occasional in-person meetings
- Adhere to submission deadlines
- Graduate student or Postdoctoral fellow at one of the seven UHN Research Institutes
- Experience with scientific writing, creativity and engaging writing style
- Ability to engage a broad readership from diverse scientific backgrounds
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure or with tight deadlines
- Ability to collaborate well with a team
Please submit the ORT Times Science Writer Application Form (attached) electronically to email@example.com. Note: Only complete applications will be considered.
Part I: Applicant Information
Part II: Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Part III: Plain language summary of ONE of the 3 selected articles in accordance with ORT Science Writer submission guidelines (attached).
Closing Date: January 16, 2020 @ 4pm
For the application form and more information, please click here.
If you have questions, please contact the ORT by phone or email.