University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an advanced trainee to fill the key role of Postdoctoral Fellow (clinical research/research) in our Neuropsychology department.
A Postdoctoral Fellowship for one year, with an option to renew for a second year, is available within the Neuropsychology Clinic of the Krembil Brain Institute at University Health Network. This is one of the largest programs in CNS dysfunction in Canada and a teaching hospital of the University of Toronto. The Fellow will have the opportunity to complete supervision for registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario and to participate in collaborative research in our clinic which is focused on best practice and innovation in neuropsychology.
The Fellow will be affiliated with the Epilepsy Surgical Program, where neuropsychology is part of a dynamic interprofessional team and involved in clinical assessment, consultation, and research in one of the leading-edge neurosurgical programs in Canada. In addition, there will be an opportunity to see a wider array of patients/presenting problems during the registration period from other neurological and neurosurgical programs within UHN. There are also teaching and supervision opportunities working with trainees completing practica or internship placements in the clinic.
In the second year and once fully licensed, the fellow will have additional dedicated time for research activities. This may include working with faculty on ongoing research projects or initiating a novel prospective or retrospective research project. Our research website provides some insight into current projects and lab members: https://www.twhneuropsych.com/
• PhD received within 5 years in Psychology
• Knowledge and experience on cognitive neuroscience/neuropsychology in research and clinical neuropsychology in practica and internship
• Should be eligible for registration by the College of Psychologists of Ontario
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Problem-solving initiative
More information and apply here.