A new Postdoctoral Fellowship opportunity has opened at the Toronto General Hospital Research Institute, University Health Network.
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Postdoctoral Fellow in our Experimental Therapeutics -Infection and Immunity department.
We are looking for a bioinformatics postdoctoral fellow with demonstrated experience single-cell RNA sequencing analysis. The anticipation is that this qualified person will be able to work with scRNAseq datasets with cell numbers >150,000 cells and be able to incorporate the latest analysis tools.
This is an opportunity to work with state-of-the-art data in the context of novel drugs in early stage clinical trials. The position will involve industry collaboration with the expectation of academic publication. There will also be internal opportunities for collaboration in our basic research projects focused HBV pathogenesis using similar samples. The successful applicant will be expected to bring novel ideas and approaches to the research program and contribute to the scientific development of the analysis plan and manuscript preparation.
• PhD received within 5 years (or MD received within 10 years) in relevant field of study
• Published experience in scRNAseq data analysis
• Interest in human immunology and willingness to learn about hepatitis B infection
• Ability to work independently from home and onsite
• Ability to advise/mentor fellow lab members in bioinformatics analysis strategies
• Problem-solving initiative
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
Open until filled
For further details regarding this position, please click here.