A new Postdoctoral Fellowship opportunity has opened at Toronto Rehab Research Insitute, Lyndhurst Centre| University Health Network.
This position with the Neural Engineering and Therapeutics Team (NET) will involve research related to health complications for patients with spinal cord impairment. Prior expertise in transcutaneous spinal stimulation, transcutaneous functional electrical stimulation, and human biomechanics in standing would be an asset and is not a mandatory requirement.
An understanding of the rehabilitation process or prior study of the SCI population will be considered a distinct advantage. The candidate must commit to developing funded research projects that involve graduate students and applying for further postdoctoral funding. Important clinical resources include: a high volume of inpatients and outpatients with SCI, a specialized SCI neurorehabilitation program, a longitudinal follow-up database, onsite body composition, neurophysiology, electrophysiology, kinematic, cardiovascular, autonomic, postural and locomotion assessment areas throughout the centre. Physiatry, rehabilitation engineering, physical and occupational therapy are all strong services, each linked to the University of Toronto, which is an exemplary designated academic teaching hospital.
• Ph.D. awarded within the past 5 years
• Has published peer reviewed articles in field of study
• Excellent understanding of the rehabilitation process or prior study prior study of the SCI population will be considered a distinct advantage
• Ability to commit to developing funded research projects that involve graduate students and applying for further postdoctoral funding
• Detail-oriented and well organized
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Open until filled
For further details regarding this position, please click here.