UHN Summer Training And Research (STAR) Program
UHN’s Office of Research Trainees cordially invites you to join UHN’s Summer Training and Research (STAR) program including virtual learning sessions, a research day, and certificate of program completion. This program is an excellent opportunity to enhance your research and professional development skills while at UHN! The program is open to all UHN Research paid summer students and volunteers.
UHN STAR Learning Sessions
The UHN Summer Training and Research (STAR) program learning sessions will be held virtually and will cover topics to enhance summer students’ research and professional development skills.
Learning Session Dates and Topics:
- Wednesday May 10th, 2-3 pm – Enhancing your Networking and LinkedIn Skills
- Thursday June 1, 2-3 pm – Exploring Careers in Research and Healthcare
- Thursday June 15, 2-3 pm – Setting up for success; tips for new researchers – with UHN Libraries
- Thursday June 29, 2-3pm – Grad School 101
- Thursday July 13, 2-3 pm – How to Present your Research
- Thursday July 27, 2-3 pm – Resumes and Cover Letters
The Learning Sessions are open to everyone. Individuals who cannot watch the sessions live can enjoy the recordings afterwards. Learn more and register here.
UHN STAR Research Presentations
UHN Summer Research students will also have the opportunity to participate in virtual presentations to present what they learned this summer. Students are eligible to win prizes for best presentations and an opportunity to present at an person research day and networking session on August 10th.
- July 13th, 2023, 2-3 pm – Presentation details and tips shared at the How to Present your Research Learning Session
- July 24th – Deadline to register to participate in the research presentations. Students can register here.
- July 27th, 2023 – Deadline for UHN Research Students to submit video presentations.
- August 3rd, 2023 – Top presentations announced and invited to present on August 10th.
- August 10th, 2023, 2- 4 pm – In person Research Day and Networking session at Toronto Rehabilitation Institute Auditorium, University College, Room 2-014.
UHN STAR Certificate of Program Completion
UHN Research Students who attend or watch at least 4 learning sessions and submit a presentation on their research will receive a certificate of program completion.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email the Office of Research Trainees at email@example.com.