November 20, 2019 | 10am
Dr. John Robertson, PhD, specializes in explaining complex topics for non-specialists, whether scientific or financial. Personal finance and investing have long been personal passions for John. He has been an active part of the Canadian personal finance community, blogging, creating spreadsheets, podcasting, and writing how-to guides. He is the author of The Value of Simple, and the related course Practical Index Investing for Canadians, teaching people how to invest in a step-by-step manner. John is trained as a scientist, with a PhD in Medical Biophysics from the University of Western Ontario. He works as a science writer and editor for the TECHNA Institute in Toronto.
Saving for your future is important. Key investing concepts will be explained and additional resources and reading material provided.
At the end of this workshop, learners will:
- Understand the importance of investing for the future
- Understand the impact of investment fees
- be able to differentiate between index funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs)
- be able to describe tax shelters like TFSAs and RRSPs are and how to use them
- be introduced do-it-yourself (DIY) investing with an introductory how-to
- be provided with some suggestions for further reading and resources
Click here to register.