September 19 | 12:30 – 4:45 PM
UHN Postdoc Symposium - Celebrating Postdoc Excellence
UHN Postdocs, submit your abstracts before August 25 for a chance to give a talk during UHN’s first Postdoc Symposium! Prizes will be given for the best presentations.
UHN is excited to celebrate National Postdoc Appreciation Week (September 18-22, 2023) by hosting the inaugural UHN Postdoc Symposium. Hosted by the UHN Postdoc Association and the Office of Research Trainees, the event will Celebrating Postdoc Excellence by:
- Celebrating the accomplishments of UHN postdocs and appreciating the important roles that postdocs play in our community.
- Providing opportunities for UHN postdocs to share their research and network with their peers.
- Facilitating community building through games and activities at the breaks, with opportunities to win prizes.
- Sharing insights from leading UHN experts on how technology can impact healthcare research.
12:30 – 12: 45 pm – Registration and Lunch
12:45 – 1:00 pm – Welcome and Opening Remarks from the UHN Postdoc Association, Office of Research Trainees, and Dr. Brad Wouters, Executive VP Science and Research , University Health Network and Senior Scientist, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.
1:00 – 2:00 pm – UHN Postdoc Talks – Four UHN postdocs will be selected from the abstracts to give 10-minute talks on their research.
2:00 – 2:10 pm – Break
2:10 – 3:10 pm – Panel Discussion – The Impact of Technology on Healthcare Research
A panel discussion with:
- Dr. Jennifer Campos, Senior Scientist, KITE
- Dr. Mojgan Hodaie, Senior Scientist, Krembil Research Institute
- Dr. Mathieu Lupien, Senior Scientist, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
- Dr. Bo Wang, Scientist, Toronto General Hospital Research Institute
3:10 – 3:30 pm – Break- With refreshments, activities, and prizes.
3:30 – 4:30 pm – UHN Postdoc Flash Talks – Ten UHN postdocs will be selected from the abstracts to give 3-minute flash talks on their research.
4:30 – 4:45 pm – Closing Remarks and Award Presentation – By Dr. Linda Penn, Senior Scientist, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and Director, Office of Research Trainees.
4:45 pm – Open Networking