Postdoc Appreciation Week Day 2: Postdocs' Rights - Unraveling the Mysteries
September 20| 2:00 – 3:00 PM
The UHN Postdoc Association (UHNPA) and Office of Research Trainees (ORT) are excited to introduce the 2022 National Postdoc Appreciation Week (NPAW) at UHN!
In this session, we want to empower you with information about your rights as UHN postdocs. We will cover basic topics such as health insurance coverage, parental leave, and research resources, but also discuss topics not commonly addressed in the postdoc community: Can I publish on my own without my PI? How do I deal with conflicts with my PI or collaborators? Who can help me if I am being harassed by a colleague? Can I negotiate my salary?
These and other questions will be answered by representatives from UHN’s Office of Research Trainees, Research Quality Integration and People & Culture. Also, you will have the opportunity to ask your own questions: Please submit them anonymously via Slido here and we will try to answer them during the session.
Everyone is welcome to attend. Register for Postdoc Appreciation Week Events here. Add event to your calendar here.
Register for UHN Postdoc Appreciation Week events here.
Learn more about all of the week’s events:
- Welcome and PowerPoint Karaoke | September 19 | 12:00 – 2:00 PM
- Postdocs’ Rights – Unraveling the Mysteries| September 20 | 2:00 – 3:00 PM
- The Intersection of Physical and Mental Health: a Panel Discussion | September 21 | 1:00-2:00 pm
- Exploring Careers Outside of Academia | September 22 | 4:00 -6:00 pm
- Social | September 23 | 12:00 – 2:00 pm